Monday 13 December 2010

The first of many ... I hope

Hey everyone!

So this is my first ever blog post, apart from the odd nitter-natter on tumblr with my arty friends, but yeh, please be patient as in all honesty I have no idea what the frig I'm doing guys.

Well, first day back from uni for the Christmas break I begin my annual holiday-pressie-internet-lurk looking for gifts for friends, family and maybe take a nose into stuff that takes my fancy for my list to Father Christmas. My mum has never really been a shopping-type person so it's easier to give her some SERIOUS hints aka a list or email with links to what I like. I've tried in the past saving the GHD website as a favourite no less than 16 times on the family PC and leaving magazines open round the house with the double-spread advert on display for all eyes to see; even gabbling on about how amazing the annual seasonal ads are and what a "brilliant Christmas present they'd make" to no success. Having said that she has got me some absolutely lovely presents in the past completely out of the blue, and yes, if you're wondering, 
I did finally get some GHDs as a birthday present. 
The "Precious Edition" nonetheless!



Back to my Christmas gift lurk!
So far I've spotted some yummy treats and some small gifts for friends and family ... 


Firstly the Navy A Line Shift Dress from River Island at £45.
Absolutely stunning! It's so simple and such a flattering fit; I can't wait to try it on just to see what it looks like. I know River Island clothes aren't always the best quality but every now and then they make an absolute gem that you just have to get your hands on! 



My next is the EOS lip balm; perfect for a friend as part of a secret santa or just as a mini stocking filler!
Available in "Lemon Drop, Honeysuckle Honeydew, Summer Fruit & Sweet Mint" what juicy flavours! They've also recently brought out a newer flavour in Tangerine in lovely bright orange packaging. I think these are so original! Like a mixture between a non-retractable lipstick and an inverted tin of lip balm or Vaseline. Even Ed Westwick is a fan!
At £4.75 on the naturally fabulous website it's a nice little find, however standard delivery is £3.95 which could seem a little steep if you're only ordering one so I recommend a good browse of ebay or google shopping before placing an order.



 Well, this has Papa Troy all over it! Armani Homme
"Homme is a blend of flowery aromas. Top notes of Tangerine, Lemon and Basil, Middle Notes of Lavender and Clove and Base Notes of Sandalwood and Oakmoss. A lovely masculine fragrance."
 I know he's been moaning about wanting a new aftershave and I sneakily saw his head raise in mild interest at the "Armani Homme" advert whilst watching Saturday night TV so I think a smelly-man splurge may be in order. After all, he has been spoiling me with goodies, amazing home cooking and spending money whenever I come home from uni for a weekend, I think he may be upset that his youngest has finally flown the nest and wants me to stay at home.



This is for ma mere, The Toy Story 3 DVD!
She loves Shrek and all things child-like, she does have her silly moments I'll give her that! Having seen this twice and bawling twice (yes I cried both times, what a wimp) I felt compelled to share the giggles and amazing CGI with Mum. She was wondering what me and my friends were doing for days when we were just waddling round the house pretending to be Spanish Buzz Lightyear ...  not to mention Mr Tortilla Head! A true laugh-out-loud film!
Oh and I forgot to mention, this is part of a box of goodies I'm putting together for my Mum, instead of having one big gift I'm putting together lots of lovely little presents and pamper products to make a nice night in kit as she can get a little stressed and can do with a nice detox and unwind every once in a while. Big love for the Madre!
£12.99 ... bargain!



The brother, well he's a tricky little fiend! After discovering Hollister properly this summer in New York's HUGE but very dark and confusing store I think he fell in love as he managed to fill up a case full of their clothes. Since then they've turned over all their stock and as my brother is on his strict student budget I don't think he's in any position for another splurge! I was thinking of getting him some new sweat pants, he lives in his grey pair so I'm thinking of converting him into a preppy student and getting him either a burgundy pair or a dark navy. They're £34 I think. What do you think?? 
I could just go for the fail-safe checkered shirt, this one from Forever 21 really caught my eye and at £22.80 it's a no brainer waheyy! However I'm sure I bought him an uncannily similar one last year for about triple the price. Grumble Grumble. It was from a small independent boutique in Birmingham called "The Candy Store" where they sell loads of quirky and rare clothes from new and slightly covert labels. A right little find there!





And lastly, these beauties! The KG By Kurt Geiger Ediva Heel.
If you're a regular customer at ASOS or subscribe to ASOS magazine you would've received your December issue (I think) and glanced over these gorgeous showstoppers! The ones at the top are the ones the magazine features and unsurprisingly they've sold out already. At £150 a pop they're classic Kurt Geiger's and you pay for the name but all I have to say is that they are gorgeous and even the anti-sparkle boyfriend gave them a look of awe at their sheer amazement at the amount of glitter! 
Amy, my friend at uni, recently bought the ones on the left (the nude edition I think) and they're equally gorgeous and ooze classiness. Although the heel looks daunting she can manage a whole night out without a peep of a toe pinch or a sore sole. Form and function, a sign of a top designer! Top marks KG!



Anyway guys, it's been lovely putting together this blog post and I'm so excited to hear back from people about what they're getting loved ones this Christmas and if anyone's found any brilliant buys out there!

Helen Xx

1 comment:

  1. good blog :) but i think the picture is 'ed westwick' and not ed sedgwick? xx

    ReplyDelete